Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

Living Up What Time I Have Left At the 'Hurst!

If my Spring Term wasn't as busy as it has been, then I wouldn't have an excuse as to why I haven't blogged in SO long. I apologize...

Well, here is an update as to how my last term as a Mercyhurst University has been going. If you've read past posts, then you would know that I applied to 15 grad schools. I've been accepted to two and rejected from 9. And yes, it's great that I've been accepted 2 places, but they aren't doctorate programs like I really wish they were. I do have 4 more chances to get into one, and even it's highly unlikely I will be accepted, I'm still hopeful every second of every day.

At the beginning of March, the research that I have been a part of for the last year was presented at the Eastern Psychological Association Conference that was held this year in Pittsburgh, PA. My group presented our poster presentation during the Social Psychology Poster Session 1.

From left to right: Jessica, Andrew, Dr. Heerboth, Molly, Veronica, Marleah, and Kristen
The conference went on from March 1-3 and there were many many different speakers and sessions you could go to depending on your interests. Specific sessions that I went to were the Clinical Poster Sessions and attended Community Psychology sessions to learn more about how psychologists are pertaining their work toward the community/public.

Of course I went out and ventured the city of Pittsburgh as well since this was the first time I had ever been in the city. One thing that I wanted to cross off my bucket list was to eat at Primanti Brothers restaurant and that's exactly what I did. It was everything that I wished and hoped for! Here's a picture of myself walking around the city.
Walking around the city with my friend Lauren!

As graduation approaches even closer than ever, I hope that I'll be able to keep my blog updated as best I can! It's been great being able to share my experiences with all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment