Pages

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Tis The Season!

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas"...especially at Mercyhurst! Today we held our annual Christmas on Campus event that we put on every year for children groups and organizations such as the YMCA, John F. Kennedy Center and Mercy Center for Women. About 150 children come to have a Christmas celebration in our Student Union where we put on different arts and crafts and games. These are all run by our many RSCO's and the kids also get to eat some pizza and can get a picture with Santa. Afterwards, Santa will pass out all the gifts to each and every child and there is a reading of The Night Before Christmas. It really shows how important community service is to our campus and we get great turn outs every year! Sometimes children look forward to it so much that they can't wait to come and spend some time with the Mercyhurst students!
Tonight's agenda involves sweats and cuddling up in my pink blanket and watching The Santa Clause marathon on ABC Family. I just love the 25 Days of Christmas! It'll be so nice to get to go home at the end of the week! The most thing that I'm looking forward to this week is my new books that I ordered, Kardashian Konfidential and Sliding Into Home, Kendra Wilkinson's first book. I know that sounds a little dumb, but I LOVE watching their shows on E!, I'm a huge fan.
It's unbelievable how fast this year is going! I'm still in disbelief that I'm a junior and I have one year left here! I don't know how to wrap my head around this! My goal for the new year is to go to pilates and yoga at least once a week each and the gym 2 times a week as well. My goal when I get home is to just relax and enjoy time with my family and boyfriend make some good earned money!

I will keep everyone updated as the week goes on!
Carpe Diem!

No comments:

Post a Comment