Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Starting Off Fresh

Happy 2011! Hope everyone had an enjoyable Christmas and New Years. I know that I did. Over my break I worked for most of it to make up the debt on all the Christmas gifts I bought my family. I am a waitress at my local Denny's, and even though I was not very happy about working Christmas Eve and Christmas, I came out with $165 in tips just those 2 days! It's definitely nice to make some extra cash. I always have one favorite Christmas gift each year. Last year it was a trip to New York City to see the musical The Phantom of the Opera (my favorite musical). This year it was a very unexpected gift from my wonderful boyfriend, which was a ring and the most amazing gift I've ever received from someone. I don't get to see him that much, especially during the winter season and it definitely means a lot to me.


For New Years Eve I spent my time with Evan's family. He unfortunately had to work, but managed to get home at 11:45pm! It was a lot of fun, especially playing Mario Kart, Just Dance and Mario Bros. with Evan's sister Emily, and his two little cousins.

This was taken right before we rang in 2011!

So now that break is over I'm back into school mode and working on getting my research all in line. Yesterday we all presented our topics and everyone definitely has some great ideas! I'm looking forward to getting past the difficult parts and getting to actually research my hypothesis. My professor had told me that I had struck her as very professional and I had sounded very much like a graduate student! This really meant a lot to me especially since I'm planning on attending grad school after graduation next year.    

Tomorrow is Psych Day and the entire Psychology Club/Psi Chi has put together activities for elementary kids to have some fun with! If you live where snow has graced your presence, stay warm! I'm definitely trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment