Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

What Do You Want To Do Before You Die? Words From the Wise - The Buried Life Guys

The Buried Life boys
Well hello everyone! Today I want to talk about bucket lists. Everyone should make one, because someone once told me that by making one you can actually organize your thoughts and write down exactly what you want to do with your life. These words came from one of the Buried Life guys, Jonnie Penn. All of the Buried Life guys came to Mercyhurst tonight to talk about their show and give us inspirational words on how to live our lives to the fullest everyday! 

I wish that I could express how much I LOVED it! They actually inspired me to start my own bucket list, and I was able to actually cross another thing off tonight. That thing was to meet the guys from The Buried Life. I got a picture with them and touched Ben while taking the picture (not to sound all creepy or anything), and it was great! Three of them, Jonnie, Duncan, and Ben signed my bucket list, but I ran out of time before I could have Dave sign it as well.

Here is a picture that we got with the boys! Ben put is arm around me:) 


I just want everyone to know that you CAN make a difference in your life, and sometimes all you need is a little inspiration. These guys inspired me to walk up to the microphone tonight and tell them exactly one thing I want to do before I die. What I told them was that I wanted to start up Bikram yoga. I do yoga in my spare time, but I've always wanted to go to an intense yoga session and I feel like that would fulfill that goal! If you really want to know exactly how genuine these guys are, one of my really good friend's has been suffering from an anxiety disorder since high school. She has a hard time being in really crowded places, but she overcame her fears tonight and went to the event and even went up to the microphone to tell the guy's one of her things off her bucket list. Her thing is to ride a bull, and Dave actually told her to come talk to him after the event because he could help make it happen for her. He actually gave her his email to talk to him about it and she's emailing him right now as we speak. Mercyhurst is starting to get really good at bringing in well known people now. This is definitely one of the best reasons for being a Mercyhurst College Laker! 

Here is the link for Mtv's site for The Buried Life, and the Facebook page for them as well! There are a lot of Mercyhurst students who have been posting to them throughout the last few days! MSG (Mercyhurst Student Government) were the one's taking the pictures and we were not aloud to do the group photo ourselves because of time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment