Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Sing We Now of Christmas

As Christmas time is quickly approaching, I wanted to wish everyone a very happy holiday season! This is the last week of classes before we get to go home for Christmas break for 2 weeks. Even though this can be such an exciting time, it can also be the worst. I have 3 tests on Friday, and that is going to be so difficult trying to dedicate all of my time to studying for them! For reasons such as this, I recommend college students to have the best time management skills they can possibly have! In a way it's like I'm taking finals, and really it's just my first exams in the classes.
But also this week I get to look forward to my Ugly Sweater Christmas Party at my HD's apartment on Tuesday and I'm going all out! I will eventually be posting pictures as soon as I can! Above is a picture of my fellow Ambassador seniors and I at our last annual Christgiving dinner. We always get together to celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas during the first few weeks of Winter Term and our best Christmas clothes to top it all off.
Yesterday, December 10th, was also our annual Christmas On Campus. The campus invites all of the children from different organizations in Erie (such as the YMCA) to come and celebrate the holiday season with the students. Students can volunteer to be buddies with the children and help them go around and make arts and crafts that different campus clubs provide for them. I sat at the Psychology Club table and helped the children make mice out of construction paper and candy canes. After the children are all done with activities, they're invited into the Great Room where The Night Before Christmas is read and Santa hands out gifts. It's so nice being able to give back to the Erie community since a lot of children don't really get much of a Christmas. One thing that is really great about Mercyhurst is that we are always trying to give back to the community that supports us. I strongly encourage students to get involved on campus with events such as these that I've mentioned! 'Tis the season!

If you would like to become more familiar with Student Life at Mercyhurst, please visit the link below!

1 comment:

  1. Heya i am for the primary time here. I found this board and I find It truly helpful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to give one thing back and aid others such as you aided me. Indian wedding party wears

    ReplyDelete