Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2011

College Students Need Money Too!!

As a college student we obviously don't make that much money, unless we are able to have an off campus job or work study. When I started my first year as an undergrad I thought that I was going to be able to have a work study job on campus, but then my parents told me that I was not eligible for it because they "made too much money." I was so upset and angry at financial aid saying that I couldn't have a job and make any money considering I was going to a $30,000 school. But I have found ways to help make my tough financial situation not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

I want to share with all of you the many ways at Mercyhurst you can increase your bank accounts. But first, everyone should apply for the FAFSA to see if you qualify for any type of scholarship/grant/any type of money at all! If you don't qualify for work study then I would suggest doing the following:

- Apply to be an RA (you get free room/board!)
- Apply for jobs close to campus that will let you be flexible with your schedule.
- Get involved with clubs that will give you a scholarship (i.e. become a tour guide! Usually they pay you to do it).
- Get involved with your professors and see that there are any research assistant or teacher's assistant jobs. The school will pay you for that too!
- Become a tutor. At Mercyhurst there are tutoring jobs that pay you minimum wage for every hour that you tutor. It's really nice cash!

So if you find yourself needing some extra money, I suggest these possibilities to you! You don't have to go 4 years with just lint in your pockets!!

Go to the link below to learn more about Mercyhurst Financial Aid and costs for attending the college!

4 comments:

  1. hii Marleah ^^

    nice blog..im ayu..im from malaysia..^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love to read article and blogs regarding online courses. Thanks for sharing it dear. i love to read it.
    Financial Aid

    ReplyDelete
  3. Valuable information. Lucky me I found your site by accident, and I’m shocked why this accident didn’t happened earlier! I bookmarked it.
    breeches clothing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I try to learn something new on different blogs regularly. It is always refreshing to read posts of other blogger and learn something from them.
    salwar kameez fashion

    ReplyDelete