Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Exciting Psychology Concentration!

Hello everyone again!
I'm very excited for today because I'm sitting in the union waiting for my meeting to start about a new concentration in the Psychology department! It's called Applied Behavior Analysis and if you graduate with this concentration you will be able to take the board certification to be a Assistant Behavior Analyst. This is something that I'd like to be involved with. I love working with behavior and I may sound a little dorky saying that, but it makes me feel good that I've found a calling in my life!
Anyway, after the meeting I will update this blog about what this concentration is more about because I don't know a lot considering the faculty have kept it quiet up until now.
Today I took a statistics for psychology quiz, which is the first class of the series I'm taking for research methods. It was pretty difficult, but I'm hoping for the best! The next two terms I will be learning and conducting my own research project, which will be great for me because it's a wonderful thing to put on a resume. I'm looking to work with personality traits and incorporating behavior into it. I'm not sure what I want to do, but I'm looking into it.
It's been very dreary here in Erie the past week and a half. Which would explain why we all call it Dreary Erie! Rain rain, please go away! It's starting to bring down my mood from lack of sunshine. So, if you're looking into Mercyhurst for a potential college then be prepared for the weather because when it rains, it really rains and when it snows, it really really snows!
That's all I have for today! Time to get back to my homework! I have a huge Biopsychology midterm tomorrow.
Carpe Diem!
Marleah
__________________________________________________________________________________
Update!
So after a lot of thinking and planning I've decided that I'm going to stay in the direction that I've been going at these past two years and not pursue the ABA concentration. It's A LOT of hard work! This concentration involves an Intense Practicum, which means that you must complete 500 hours of practicum outside of the school. I do not have a car here (bummer :/) and without one I wouldn't be able to get those hours completed. So, it is still an amazing opportunity for Mercyhurst to have! I would definitely recommend it to anyone that wants a career with behavior.
P.S. My midterm went great! My grade will be revealed tomorrow afternoon:) The sun has actually shown itself today and that puts me in an AWESOME mood! Tomorrow is Friday! So everyone have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment