Pages

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Update at the Hurst

So I haven't written in awhile and I think that it's vital I need to talk about what's going on here at the Hurst lately!
Yesterday was our first Open House of the year and it was a great turn out. My job was to take our prospective students into the Baldwin Hall Residence Hall, which is all girls by the way, and show them around. This is an all girls dorm and I lived there when I was a freshman two years ago. To me, it has a great homey feeling and I met a lot of my friends there. It's an older dorm so it's not nearly as close to how great Warde Hall is, our newest dormitory to college, but it gave me a great experience when I was living on the third floor. I had so many interesting families and it's great getting to know the people that could be on campus with me next year.
It was also another home football game yesterday as well! It was an unforgettable game as we won against No. 3 California U with a score of 31-21!
You can read all about on our sports website! http://hurstathletics.com/index.aspx?tab=football&path=football
As the weeks come closer and closer to finals, my schedule is not getting any easier. This week I'm studying for my third Abnormal Psychology exam on Wednesday, a paper in my Personality class due tomorrow, and tons and tons of meetings. Sometimes it's difficult to even sit down and watch an episode of Keeping Up With the Kardashians, my favorite reality show.
Today is the South Lewis All Area Program as well! This is when all the RA's in my area come together and form a program for all of our residents. This term it is a Half Time Fallfest Party. We're having donuts and apple cidar and carmel apples. We're also collecting canned goods for Hunger and Homeless Week. So, you can always expect a good time from your RA's because we're here to make our residents' happy!
If my schedule permits, I will be writing again this week.
Carpe Diem everyone!
Marleah

No comments:

Post a Comment